"Odd" error with vsftpd

Backstory: So after firing up my server and now wanted to get it to run with all the glory ftp, www, svn etc.
I choose vsftpd as my ftp, since my previous experience was somewhat the same as now, I just couldn't get pass this point.

The problem it seems to be is 1(2) problems:

1. When I try to connect (with ssl + username/pass from htpasswd .db file using pam), It will say on my Windows ftp client:
Code:
] 
331 Please specify the password.
Which I checked for if there was something spell wrong or anything odd with the vsftpd.db, but none.

But on Linux with kftp it will print out:
Code:
---> USER checkme
530 Non-anonymous sessions must use ecryption.
kftp: Login failed
---> SYST
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

So I'm left clueless of what it really means.

(2). Is the typical theme with startup, I tried to cp the vsftpd from /usr/local/libexec/ to /etc/rc.d/ - But after an reboot that showed up an an error.
Now I know there are the way with doing an .sh file but aren't it possible to have it vsftpd_enable= in the rc.conf and have the binary exec file in /rc.d?

Stringer said:
(2). Is the typical theme with startup, I tried to cp the vsftpd from /usr/local/libexec/ to /etc/rc.d/ - But after an reboot that showed up an an error.
Say what?!? You did what?!?! Why?!?

Now I know there are the way with doing an .sh file but aren't it possible to have it vsftpd_enable= in the rc.conf and have the binary exec file in /rc.d?
Leave the binary where it is, please.

Back