NVIDIA QUADRO 400 versus MSI AMD Radeon HD 7850 OC, 1024MB, GDDR5, 256bit, HDMI, DVI

I followed all your advices to install&configure my current graphic card Nvidia Quadro 400. No luck. I found in an old computer this MSI AMD Radeon HD 7850. Might be a good choice to replace Nvidia with AMD Radeon?
Thanks!

If you post the issues you're having we might be able to help. Because it shouldn't be much of a problem. You may have installed the wrong version of the NVidia driver? The latest driver won't work, NVidia stopped supporting this old card a long time ago. x11/nvidia-driver-340 should be the version you need.

If you post the issues you're having we might be able to help. Because it shouldn't be much of a problem. You may have installed the wrong version of the NVidia driver? The latest driver won't work, NVidia stopped supporting this old card a long time ago. x11/nvidia-driver-340 should be the version you need.
Unfortunatelly didn't work with nvidia-driver-340; nevermind, i'll replace the Nvidia graphic card with Radeon

Unfortunatelly didn't work with nvidia-driver-340;
This doesn't tell us anything. Maybe actually post the errors? The Xorg.0.log would be nice to see for example. Or at least post what you did. We're not clairvoyant.

Back