Nvidia drivers

That's done by switching to Discreet in the BIOS.

It's how I get my boxen with Nvidia and Optimus running. And as previously state I do a lot of things differently never having read the Handbook once and teaching myself to use FreeBSD. Such as never having used fstab.
That's how got your laptop to run without Optimus, since you effectively disabled it. However, it's only possible to so on old (< 2012) laptops or (very few) high-end models. Those settings require a hardware multiplexer and modern laptops are thoroughly cost optimized.

That's how got your laptop to run without Optimus, since you effectively disabled it. However, it's only possible to so on old (< 2012) laptops or (very few) high-end models. Those settings require a hardware multiplexer and modern laptops are thoroughly cost optimized.
That's how I get my box that originally shipped with Win7 and comes equipped with Optimus to run using the nvidia driver for best performance, They are all left plugged in to the power source from the time I start using them till I stop and power consumption is not an issue with me.

I want to leave a large carbon footprint so I won't be forgotten.

In the far distant future, happening right now, there is a Tour Guide...

Here we have the footprint of the Triceratops, one of the great lizards of the late Cretaceous Period.

And this, Gynoids and Androids, is the Pride of our exhibit. The carbon footprint of Trihexagonal. Who introduced the Terminators into the timeline. Praise be to Skynet...

You could try this set of patches https://reviews.freebsd.org/D22521 .
Note that those patches are a little bit out of sync with the current port tree, so you will need to use a diff editor to correct it accordingly.

I use it with a GTX 960M using the following version: 390.141 .

PS: I use the intel integrated graphics with graphics/drm-kmod for my desktop, and launch specific application with nvrun-vgl to launch it on the Nvidia card.

Back