Nvidia-driver build error

My Nvidia driver build stopped with this error message. Pkg-static:. Py37-sphinx18-1.8.5,1 conflicts with py37-sphinx-3.0.2,1 (installs files into same place). Problematic file: /us/local/bin/sphinx-apidoc-3.7.

Attempting to install latest Nvidia drivers after a fresh install of freebsd. Any advice as to how to proceed?

py37-sphinx and py37-sphinx18, those are build or run dependencies of build dependencies. As a first step you could run pkg info -r py37-sphinx, to see which package(s) depends on it, and post the result.

What does pkg info -r py37-sphinx tell you? Is there anything that depends on it? If not, remove it.

py37-sphinx and py37-sphinx18, those are build or run dependencies of build dependencies. As a first step you could run pkg info -r py37-sphinx, to see which package(s) depends on it, and post the result.
Thank you for replying, I will post the results and get back to you.

With that result may I remove it safely so it doesn't conflict with py37-sphinx18 to continue the build?

It was likely installed as a dependency for something else, and you've removed that already. When you remove packages (pkg-delete(8)) make sure to run pkg-autoremove(8) too. That way you don't collect a bunch of unused dependencies.

This is a fresh install of freebsd. After doing a freebsd-update fetch install and pkg update I rebooted then did a portsnap fetch extract and portsnap update. I only have 8 packages installed. I have not deleted any pkgs as of yet. I am aware of pkg autoremove when deleting pkgs. I have removed the py37-sphinx file but the error is still popping up. It's saying the problematic file is /use/local/bin/sphinx-apidoc-3.7.

I did a find / -name search for py37-sphinx-3.0.2,1 to make sure and it's completely removed from my system. Upon trying to continue with the build I still get the error

After doing a pkg info I removed file with pkg delete and pkg autoremove. Then I ran make clean and make install clean to begin Nvidia build again. Again it interrupts the install with pkg static: py37-sphinx18 conflicts with py37-sphinx. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something?

I did a pkg info and it shows the pkg being installed again when I do the build over. I see I keep reinstalling it after removing it and starting the build over. How can I prevent this from happening?

Back