Solved Nvidia - Current status

Not sure about Quadros, but "normal" Nvidia cards work fine. You need to be aware of the different versions of the driver and match that with your hardware.
Not sure about Wayland support, but X works fine. You may need to tweak X config, but a search here or asking should get you what you need.

I believe there is some level of support for quadros, but have never used them so can't be sure about support level.

I don't agree with you,because there is no CUDA and Wayland support for the nvidia driver for Freebsd. Since the product does not offer 2 important functions, it born castrated. One might say: then why did you buy it ?. Maybe because that product is the best on the market even with some important functions castrated ? Despite this,I would like to have some more information about the support,on the Nvidia / FreeBSD driver,of the sharing of the same Host / GPU on different virtual machines. Is it supported for some high level nvidia card models ? or even this function has been castrated ?

... there is no ... Wayland support for the nvidia driver for Freebsd.
I haven't tried it myself, there is a project for Wayland "a work-in-progress implementation of a EGL External Platform library to add client-side Wayland support to EGL on top of EGLDevice and EGLStream families of extensions.".

graphics/egl-wayland (EGLStream-based Wayland external platform).

pkg-plist:
Code:
lib/libnvidia-egl-wayland.so
lib/libnvidia-egl-wayland.so.1
lib/libnvidia-egl-wayland.so.1.1.9
libdata/pkgconfig/wayland-eglstream-protocols.pc
libdata/pkgconfig/wayland-eglstream.pc
share/egl/egl_external_platform.d/10_nvidia_wayland.json
share/wayland-eglstream/wayland-drm.xml
share/wayland-eglstream/wayland-eglstream-controller.xml
share/wayland-eglstream/wayland-eglstream.xml

x11/linux-nvidia-libs has also the library.

Last edited:
yeah,that it will work can be another story. Wayland itself is not a completed project on Linux,you can imagine on FreeBSD.

https://github.com/NVIDIA/egl-wayland. This url is already 404 that demonstrate egl-wayland have died right now?
I haven't tried it myself, there is a project for Wayland "a work-in-progress implementation of a EGL External Platform library to add client-side Wayland support to EGL on top of EGLDevice and EGLStream families of extensions.".

graphics/egl-wayland (EGLStream-based Wayland external platform).

pkg-plist:
Code:
lib/libnvidia-egl-wayland.so
lib/libnvidia-egl-wayland.so.1
lib/libnvidia-egl-wayland.so.1.1.9
libdata/pkgconfig/wayland-eglstream-protocols.pc
libdata/pkgconfig/wayland-eglstream.pc
share/egl/egl_external_platform.d/10_nvidia_wayland.json
share/wayland-eglstream/wayland-drm.xml
share/wayland-eglstream/wayland-eglstream-controller.xml
share/wayland-eglstream/wayland-eglstream.xml

x11/linux-nvidia-libs has also the library.

404 because of the accidental . that was originally at the tail of the URL (now fixed):

1654936399259.png

Depending on how a post is composed, there may be auto-correction.

Not 404, the page is found:

Back