Nvidia console other than 80x24?

Is it possible to get the console set to something other than 80x24 with an nvidia card?

12.2-RELEASE
GeForce GT 710
vt

X is working, although switching out of X is garbled (I can switch back to X and then exit X and we’re back to OK.)

Currently running the latest driver (455.38) from nvidia (direct download from nvidia / make install), but had no luck with nvidia-driver from ports, either.

Is it possible to get the console set to something other than 80x24 with an nvidia card?

12.2-RELEASE
GeForce GT 710
vt

X is working, although switching out of X is garbled (I can switch back to X and then exit X and we’re back to OK.)

Currently running the latest driver (455.38) from nvidia (direct download from nvidia / make install), but had no luck with nvidia-driver from ports, either.
I'm about picking this card later this morning. It's good to know that the driver in ports won't work.

I'm having a hard time getting Intel Xeon graphics card from Gigabyte P8Z77-Pro (manufactured 2012) going with Xorg since I upgraded to 12.2. Xorg log shows no devices detected; no screen. In addition, the Xorg v24.5 is not a supported driver.

Wayland worked. I really hope the GE710 card will get the Xorg back.

I own a Fujitsu Celius H Series laptop with an integrated Nvidia graphics as
Code:
dmesg|grep -i nvidia
nvidia0: <Quadro 1000M> on vgapci0
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_io
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_io
hdac0: <NVIDIA GT108 HDA Controller> mem 0xd8000000-0xd8003fff at device 0.1 on pci1
Some time ago I have not used UEFI. The display has been unreadable. But one could interrupt the boot manager. With gop list possible modes have been shown. Then gop set <mode> selecte the mode. In my case it has been gop set 8. Then boot continued the bot process. To make that permanent I have added gop set 8 to /boot/loader.rc.local.

I have reinstalled FreeBSD at some point in time with UEFI. Then the gop did not work. I have had to insert efi_max_resolution="1280x800" to /boot/loader.conf.

I am not sure if my setup and behaviour matches yours. It might be worth to check if the commands help in your case.

Back