NTFS external harddrive mounting trouble

Yes, I know there are a thousand and one threads already about mounting ntfs drives. And yet my specific situation seems to be missing.

I have sysutils/ntfsprogs and sysutils/fusefs-ntfs. I can mount it but i cannot write to it.

mount -t ntfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt/usb

works just fine but I cannot write to the drive.

Did some digging and found that I needed fusefs-ntfs installed and to use ntfs-3g /dev/da0s1 /mnt/usb or mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/da0s1 /mnt/usb

These return an error

Code:
fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory.
Thanks in advance for pointing out what i missed.

Is there any way to accomplish this without using /etc/fstab? I would like to manually mount it and be able to move it around between comps

Already tried mount -t ntfs-3g

Adding fuse.ko worked. Thank you. Sorry I missed that. It wasn't mentioned in the install of fusefs. Maybe they should add that on to the end when they say that the install is finished.

Hi,
please, could you advise me, what and where to autoload in 10.2 to make ntfs-3g working?
This wokrs well:
Code:
kldload fuse
but editing /etc/rc.conf by
Code:
fuse_enable="yes"
has no effect and I need to load module manually.

Thanks, it worked fine to me.

But I've found another way to load this module, which is maybe better, because the fstab is executed before rc.conf and corrupts booting:

Use fuse_enable="yes" in /boot/loader.conf, module /boot/kernel/fuse.ko has to be coppied or linked into /boot/modules/ to make it work.
This loads module before fstab execution, so it is able to content ntfs partitions.

This is example of my fstab record:

/dev/ada0s2 /mnt/WinC ntfs rw,mountprog=/usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g 0 0

fstab is executed before rc.conf and corrupts booting:
If you add late to your fstab the problem goes away:
Code:
/dev/ada0s2 /mnt/WinC ntfs rw,late,mountprog=/usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g 0 0
Use fuse_enable="yes" in /boot/loader.conf, module /boot/kernel/fuse.ko has to be coppied or linked into /boot/modules/ to make it work.
No, don't copy the module. Just add fuse_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf if you want to do it that way.

I am also having a similar problem.
I am on FreeBSD 11.0
I have used the 'late' in fstab and added the fusefs_enable = YES in rc.conf
but I am still getting the error:
fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory.

How to load
kldload fuse / fuse.ko if I am missing this.

Back