Solved [NOTICE]-> Post installation message from Judy package

Hello,
I recently needed to install some dependencies for other software, however when installing the judy dependency, I get this message in the shell, could someone clarify what it is about, and can I worry about Judy being discontinued...???

Captura de Tela 2020-05-18 às 17.57.47.png

Isn't this in some FAQ yet? There are a lot of "unmaintained" ports, unfortunately. It just means nobody is directly responsible for keeping the port up-to-date and in good shape. It doesn't mean there are no updates, if a port is widely used and problems arise, someone will ultimately take care of it. But of course it would be better if there was someone in charge, so this notice encourages you to help out :)

Isn't this in some FAQ yet? There are a lot of "unmaintained" ports, unfortunately. It just means nobody is directly responsible for keeping the port up-to-date and in good shape. It doesn't mean there are no updates, if a port is widely used and problems arise, someone will ultimately take care of it. But of course it would be better if there was someone in charge, so this notice encourages you to help out :)

Understand...
Thank you very much for the answer and, I apologize for not having asked this term on Google, before posting here.

I apologize for not having asked this term on Google, before posting here.
That's not what I had in mind (cause I doubt you'll find a good expanation on Google, other than what the message is telling you already). So, no need to apologize! It's just I've seen this very same question (regarding a variety of ports) on the forums multiple times. So maybe some explanation in some sticky thread would be nice :)

That's not what I had in mind (cause I doubt you'll find a good expanation on Google, other than what the message is telling you already). So, no need to apologize! It's just I've seen this very same question (regarding a variety of ports) on the forums multiple times. So maybe some explanation in some sticky thread would be nice :)

What makes this community different from all others (Linux), are people like you, educated and that regardless of the level of knowledge, respect those who have little knowledge... I do not regret having migrated to FreeBSD.

Again, thank you very much!

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
Back