Non-awful issue tracker?

I need an issue tracker for my personal life. It will have things like "replace windshield" and "fix bike". I don't need fancy workflows.

I installed Jira, but it's an absolute monster; it takes about 2G of RAM. Not acceptable.
Trac is too old, and I don't want a wiki.
Bloodhound requires Postgres, and I'm not setting up another DB for this.
RT install choked with some cryptic Perl issue part way through setting up the DB; I'm not fighting with it.

Is there a SIMPLE issue tracker that works in FreeBSD without going to war just to set it up?

I rather like Trello, it's what I use now.

I also used TaskJuggler a few years ago, it was sort of nice. Then I upgraded Ruby and wasn't able to get it running again.

TaskWarrior is a very powerful commandline based task list, to be honest, I found the learning curve too steep for my occasional usage.

I also came across Todo.txt a while ago, but haven't tried it.

Most of the above software isn't really an `issue tracker', like JIRA, but more of a task-manager, or `life-tracker' if you will, it seems that this is what you're after.

I installed Jira, but it's an absolute monster; it takes about 2G of RAM. Not acceptable.

I really like using JIRA, but administrating it is a major pain. Perhaps I don't know enough about Java to do it properly...

Pushrod said:
I need an issue tracker for my personal life. It will have things like "replace windshield" and "fix bike". I don't need fancy workflows.

Trac is too old, and I don't want a wiki.
Bloodhound requires Postgres, and I'm not setting up another DB for this.
RT install choked with some cryptic Perl issue part way through setting up the DB; I'm not fighting with it.

Is there a SIMPLE issue tracker that works in FreeBSD without going to war just to set it up?
"replace windshield" ticket in the Trac :pP That is really a good one :beer I use calcurse for such things.
Btw I am in charge of MantisBT at work which was selected after long deliberation (it was not my favorite). :h

Thanks everyone. I went with Trello. It meets my needs for the most part, and was quite painless to set up.

TODO: uninstall Jira.

Back