No sound in KDE applications

Hi all

I installed Kde 4.8.4

Sound is working with firefox and youtube, when launching mplayer from a terminal i have no issue with sound.
But when using DragonPlayer from Konqueror to play avi file or mp3 file. I have no sound.

Backend for Phonon is Gstreamer but on Phonon setup on tab "Default Audio Playback Device Preference" there is only "default".

Any suggestion are welcome

Thanks

Any useful console output when trying to play MP3 files or via kdebugdialog?

As i said in console, mplayer is working fine.
Regarding kdedebugdialog where are the logs saved ?

SPlissken said:
As i said in console, mplayer is working fine.
Regarding kdedebugdialog where are the logs saved ?

You need config ~/.kde4/share/config/kdebugrc

Full user documentation is available through the KDE Help Center. You can also enter the URL help:/kdebugdialog/ directly into konqueror or you can run khelpcenter help:/kdebugdialog/ from the command-line.

i have same problem, and i cant resolve... Vlc,Dragon work fine,kde4,skype no view sound devices. (skype see only hdmi device)

dagor said:
i have same problem, and i cant resolve... Vlc,Dragon work fine,kde4,skype no view sound devices. (skype see only hdmi device)

Please, open a new thread to request help. Be sure you detail your related problem/s.

Having this exact same issue. OP did you ever resolve?

EDIT:
For what it's worth, I solved this by rebuilding phonon with pulseaudio. Now if only I can get kde to remember the phonon device settings I'd be golden.

Hi,

First of all, sorry for my English but I'm not an expert on that language hehe.

I met the same problem but I'm using the VLC backend. To solve that issue, I went to system settings-multimedia-phonon, at the bottom of the window appears an option to mark (show advanced devices). When I mark it, a new device appear on the window (OSS). After I select it, sound works fine on KDE.

Maybe it can help.

Best regards.

Back