LXDE No shutdown option

Hello,

How can add a shutdown option to LXDE (as a regular user)?

WVpcBI.jpg

You can shut down your pc via console, with
% poweroff

to reboot use
% shutdown -r now

Never used "LXDE", but it seems it is impossible to edit "LXDE" menus,
but this functionality is available in x11-wm/windowmaker for example,
you can create your own root menu with WPrefs.
RWj0en3.png

By the way, new version — Window Maker 0.95.8 was released 11 March (2017), but it is not in ports tree yet.

Have you tried to add dbus_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf
Many x desktops need that to show shutdown in the exit menu.

How are you starting LXDE? It needs a ConsoleKit session to make this work.

Since I installed slim and enabled it, it goes straight to a gui and I login from there. Here's my rc.conf and yes the user is a member of both wheel and operator groups. I can shutdown and reboot just fine from the any terminal but I would like to have that option to shutdown like I have on my fedora laptop.

Code:
clear_tmp_enable="YES"
sendmail_enable="NONE"
hostname="idude"
ifconfig_em0="DHCP"
sshd_enable="YES"
zfs_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"
slim_enable="YES"

Since I installed slim and enabled it, it goes straight to a gui and I login from there.
That's good, slim should automatically start the DBus/ConsoleKit session. If you started with startx you would have had to add a few things to ~/.xinitrc.

Do I have enable consolekit somewhere? Because I have consolekit installed and still I have no option to shutdown or reeboot the computer!

What does dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.CanStop return?

method return time=1492853418.220489 sender=:1.1 -> destination=:1.7 serial=149 reply_serial=2
boolean true

There is a message associated with the pkg, have you tried to follow the instruction? pkg info -Dx lxsession

Back