Solved No ping response from internet hosts

Hello!

I just installed the last version of FreeBSD from the -memstick.img image. The system was successfully installed but I can't manage to get my wireless connection functionning.

I can ping my router which got 192.168.2.1 as its IP address. But when I ping the adress 8.8.8.8 I receive no response from the host.

Here is a screenshot that shows the problem :

Here is my rc.conf file :

Here is my wpa_supplicant.conf.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Has /etc/resolv.conf a nameserver set?

Note: netif_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf doesn't need to be set explicitly, it is already set as default in /etc/defaults/rc.conf

What is the actual SSID of the wireless router? The first screenshot ( with the ifconfig output ) shows that you are connected to SSID "SFR WiFi FON", but the only SSID listed in your wpa-supplicant.conf is "Bbox-39231B33".

Has /etc/resolv.conf a nameserver set?

Note: netif_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf doesn't need to be set explicitly, it is already set as default in /etc/defaults/rc.conf
Yes, there are two nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf :
Code:
nameserver 109.0.66.20
nameserver 109.0.66.10

Ok I removed the netif_enable line.

What is the actual SSID of the wireless router? The first screenshot ( with the ifconfig output ) shows that you are connected to SSID "SFR WiFi FON", but the only SSID listed in your wpa-supplicant.conf is "Bbox-39231B33".
Indeed my SSID is the second one, " SFR WIfI FON" is a public wifi hotspot. I just noticed that wpa_supplicant connects systematically to the first unsecured network despite networks specified in wpa_supplicant.conf having higher priority. I tried to removed the network tag without SSID and wpa_supplicant don't associated.

EDIT : i just solved the problem : the installer stored my wpa passphrase in plaintext inside the wpa_supplicant.conf. i should have figured it myself. In all cases, thank you two for your help.

Good Bye.

Back