No PHP output

Hi guys, I'm working in a test lab, my first jail ever (never had the need, now's the time)...I'm working with a FAMP install + Nagios, (php 74, apache24), when I visit my phpinfo.php or the nagios frontpage, I just get the code, not the php output (eg. phpinfo prints:
Code:
<?php 

phpinfo();
?
)

To test my install I did the same in a VM (FreeBSD 12.2, PHP 7.4, Apache 2.4), everything works flawessly...
I think this maybe related with my sysctl.conf (from the handbook):
Code:
security.jail.set_hostname_allowed=1
security.jail.socket_unixiproute_only=1
security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=0
security.jail.enforced_statfs=2
security.jail.allow_raw_sockets=0
security.jail.chflags_allowed=0
security.jail.jailed=0

I have installed a lot, and I mean a LOT of similar infrastructures over the years, both in FreeBSD as well in Linux with no problem at all...Can't get why it doesn't work...

Any advice will be helpful

THNX

Has nothing to do with your jail settings. It's your Apache configuration that's not correct. Read the pkg-message from www/mod_php74.
Hi, thanx for your reply, but doesn't seem to be related to that...As I wrote, just to test the installation outside of the jail, I did install a VM with the exact same configuration, that VM works fine...

but doesn't seem to be related to that
I'm pretty sure it is. Apache can't figure out what to do with those *.php files and just serves them up as text. So the problem is there. Look in /var/log/httpd-error.log for clues.

I'm pretty sure it is. Apache can't figure out what to do with those *.php files and just serves them up as text. So the problem is there. Look in /var/log/httpd-error.log for clues.
I agree, but again, got one configuration working outside the jail (same config files via scp), no errors anywhere...I'll keep digging...

Thanks a bunch.

I have several jails with Apache and PHP running. None of them required any "special" jail settings to work. They all run on the most basic and "plain" jails possible.

I have several jails with Apache and PHP running. None of them required any "special" jail settings to work. They all run on the most basic and "plain" jails possible.
Thanks, I imagine that's the way it's supposed to work, don't have a doubt about that. I'll start from scratch again, don't like the "trail and error" process. Hugs from Chile :)

Back