No dhcpoffers received after DHCPDISCOVER

Successfully install FBSD13.2 on a USB Flash Drive. I was able to install the pkg I needed including xfce which looks great and then, out of nowhere, I started having connection problems, it's connecting to my router, during boot time I can see going for some time trying to get an IP.

'DHCPDISCOVER on alc0 to 255.255.255.255...'

It goes one like this for a minute or two then I see this message:

'No DHCPOFFERS Received'

It finishes booting.

After searching, I find quite a few people have had this problem but so far I found no solutions.

I've tried adding a static IP to my rc.conf

ifconfig_alc0="inet 192.168.1.110 netmask 255.255.255.0"
defaultrouter="192.168.1.254"

it didn't work either. I read somewhere to put this in my dhclient.conf:

'interface "alc0" {
supersede interface-mtu 0;
}'

It didn't handle the issue either. Now I'm trying my luck here, perhaps someone can help me with this.

Have you seen this bug report.

It suggests disabling MSIX by adding hw.alc.msix_disable=1 in /boot/loader.conf.
I booted today and everything is working fine, I don't know why since I didn't do anything today to make it work. I will keep your advice for next time it happens. Thanks

Well, it did happen again, I did what you wrote above, I added hw.alc.msix_disable=1 in /boot/loader.conf. It fixed the problem.

Thanks mate that is very handy.
Now i have only one thing left to fix. I have two SSIDs on my wpa_supplicant.conf One is hidden and one is not for broadcasting SSID. I have priority 5 for non hidden and priority 1 for hidden one set. If i reboot or start my system and the hidden one is switched off it will not connect to any....Even if i try ifconfig wlan0 ssid ="SSIDNAME". If i have switched on the hidden one then will connect to the non hidden one as default. this is as required. But why does affect the hidden one's the connection of a non hidden one? They are using different ip range and nameserver also. The hidden one using 192.168.0.xxx and the non hidden one is 192.168.8.xxx

Back