Solved No 'cmux' on FreeBSD 12?

FreeBSD 12 is a developer snapshot, highly unstable and it's not even guaranteed to work at all. So unless you're planning on bug checking and testing then I would indeed recommend 11.1, that's a valid production version.

However, from what I can tell 'cmux' isn't provided through the ports collection as of yet:

Code:
peter@zefiris:/usr/ports $ pkg search cmux
peter@zefiris:/usr/ports $ make search name=cmux
peter@zefiris:/usr/ports $
Are you sure you don't mean tmux by any chance?

OHHHHHH yes yes yes, sorry, tmux. I'm very silly today.

Thanks for the information.
I'll install FreeBSD 11.1 because I am having more troubles that I have never experienced on another computer where I still have FreeBSD 10.

Thanks very much

It may be worth installing 11.2. It's been fine for me, (but I haven't used it in production.) It has some advantages, especially for laptops less than 4 years old. 11.1 doesn't have good support for Intel cards made in the last 3-4 years. 11.2 is at RC1 status, meaning it's a release candidate, so not considered production ready yet. However it's close (to being production ready) 11.2 should be released around July, and 3 months after that, 11.1 will go EOL (End Of Life). 12-CURRENT is considered unstable and is more for developers who want to help with testing.

I should add that 11.2's svn repo is now under releng rather than stable (another indication that i's getting closer to being considered ready for release)

Back