No buffer space available

I've done a search for the above error but haven't haven't found a reason for this occuring.

Code:
root@EMTEC:~ # May 14 10:48:20 EMTEC dhclient[614]: connection closed
May 14 10:48:20 EMTEC dhclient[614]: exiting.
May 14 10:48:21 EMTEC dhclient[1135]: send_packet: No buffer space available

Has anyone seen such an error?

I'm running FreeBSD 13.1 and using Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN NIC and have 4GB of RAM if this is significant.

Do you do something to trigger this e.g. type a command? If so, what?

Or does it sometimes appear in your logs by itself? Does anything else happen around the same time e.g. network issues or you're turning the machine off or peripherals going to sleep? Or it just seems to be a message that appears and no obvious other issues?

Do you do something to trigger this e.g. type a command? If so, what?

Or does it sometimes appear in your logs by itself? Does anything else happen around the same time e.g. network issues or you're turning the machine off or peripherals going to sleep? Or it just seems to be a message that appears and no obvious other issues?
Is just appears for no apparent reason even when there is just a login prompt on operator console. The msg don't get recorded in dmesg..

I guess it isn't anything I should be concerned about.

Looks like your wireless network isn't associated. It will still try to do DHCP (ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP WPA"). The boot won't wait for DHCP to finish before continuing. So you get a bunch of DHCP requests running in the background. That's the difference between SYNCDHCP and DHCP. SYNCDHCP will actually wait for DHCP to complete (or fail).

Back