No 3D-Acceleration with nvidia-driver after pkg upgrade

FreeBSD amd64 12.0-p10, nvidia-driver-390.87_3, Geforce GTX 750

Today after running pkg upgrade and
freebsd-update fetch install

I have no 3D acceleration anymore I only get this when running glxinfo

Code:
$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  155 (NV-GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 ()
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2200004
  Serial number of failed request:  37
  Current serial number in output stream:  37
$ pkg info | grep nvidia-driver
nvidia-driver-390.87_3         NVidia graphics card binary drivers for hardware OpenGL rendering

I also tried deleting the package nvidia-driver and reinstalling it from ports, but still the same. Also generated a new xorg.conf with nvidia-xconfig, but that does not make a difference either.

Is the module loaded? Check with kldstat. Then check /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see if it's actually loaded. Just having it installed doesn't do anything, you need to actually load and configure it.

Thank you very much for your reply. Sure it is. When I say this happened after an upgrade this implies that it used to work before. An upgrade does not alter your settings in /boot/loader.conf or /etc/rc.conf

But the problem was something else, in case someone runs into the same problem. For some reason (this was in the Xorg.0.log), the wrong libglx.so was loaded. I had to manually backup the contents of "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/" and copy the contents of "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/.nvidia" into "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/".

Now it works. Why this happened I don't know, but that would be an interesting question to answer...

Back