Solved NFSv4 filesystem not mounted on reboot

Hello,

In /etc/fstab I have the following:
Code:
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ada0p2             none    swap    sw              0       0
myserver:/data   /myserver        nfs     rw,nfsv4,gssname=nfs,sec=krb5i 0 0
When the system is rebooted the file system is not mounted. When I do mount -a. The filesystem IS mounted. The system is root on ZFS, I don't know if this has anything to do with it. It is 10.1-RELEASE. There are no errors in /var/log/messages.

Any suggestion about what causes this?

Thanks

For mounting NFS the network must be available. Sure that this is the case, when fstab is invoked?

From what I read in the handbook about the boot process (https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/boot-introduction.html) it would seem that the network is started after the fstab processing. There is no indication on how to change this. But this would make it pointless to have network based filesystems in /etc/fstab. Besides, NFSv4 with Kerberos is also dependent upon nfsuserd and gssd so fstab should be processed after these daemons have started. It should probably use a script which does mount -t nfs -a as a last step in rc, or, if such a script is not available create one myself. I am wondering how others have dealt with this.

Add the late option to your /etc/fstab entry. It makes the filesystem mounted much later in the boot process when networking has been set up.

Add the late option to your /etc/fstab entry. It makes the filesystem mounted much later in the boot process when networking has been set up.
Thanks, it is right there in the man page. Somehow I missed it.

Back