"News & Announcements" excluded from "Today's Posts"

Dear admins and mods,

I always forget to post this, so here it is:

For some reason threads in the "News & Announcements" forum never show up in "Today's Posts".

Since I seldom open the main page of the boards, I usually miss all those threads.

Thanks for your attention.

EDIT: also, right now there's a thread about the 9.1-RELEASE posted today at 18:50, but the main page shows "December 21st, 2012 15:10" in the "Last Post" column.

Beastie said:
also, right now there's a thread about the 9.1-RELEASE posted today at 18:50, but the main page shows "December 21st, 2012 15:10" in the "Last Post" column.
Seen "Howtos & FAQs"? That one is off as well.

Fonz

This is, at the moment, on page 2 of "Today's Posts" for me.

24zhr2x.png

The discrepancy in Last Post date/time may be a vB-internal caching/updating/indexing issue that results in different frequency of index updates depending on whether sub-forums are high traffic or not. Not sure.

edit:

I ran a manual rebuild of forum and thread information, and Last Post info appears to be correct. So it is an indexing interval thing.

DutchDaemon said:
This is, at the moment, on page 2 of "Today's Posts" for me.

24zhr2x.png
Weren't you logged in at that time? Because the "Smells like a RELEASE is on the way..." thread should be displayed as 2 pages, unless you've changed the forum's default "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" option in your settings.

This is the 2nd page of "Today's Posts" here:
depw5l.png

phoenix said:
Everything shows up correctly if you use the "New Posts" link.
That's correct, but I only log in when I really need it. So the question is: what's the difference between "New Posts" (while being logged in) and "Today's Posts" (while visiting as "guest")?

Beastie said:
... So the question is: what's the difference between "New Posts" (while being logged in) and "Today's Posts" (while visiting as "guest")?

Today's Posts is actually: http://forums.freebsd.org/search.php?do=getdaily

I can confirm the issue with "Today's Posts". I don't like "New Posts" because, it never shows me my threads or threads that I have participated.

Screenshot of "New Posts" does not show this thread:
attachment.php

Screenshot of "Today's Post" does show it:
attachment.php

Attachments

86 KB · Views: 465
  • Today's Posts.jpg
    Today's Posts.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 456
That's weird. I'm missing that entire section if I'm logged in. I only have "Feedback" under "The FreeBSD Forums".

It might not be related, but I just noticed that for me the forum's clock is off by one hour. In my options panel I have the correct time zone set and automatic DST detection turned on, but the forum displays time in GMT+2, which should be GMT+1. Perhaps the automatic DST detection isn't working properly?

Fonz

Back