New Poweredge Install

I just installed Beta 9 on a PowerEdge 2850
Mirror 74gig scsi drives
4gig ram

Are there files I can upload someplace that may help with development?
So far the Workstation install appears stable.

Only Issues I have had
Network setting thru desktop: had to edit rc.conf for name change to take effect
Monitor and ati video seems to be stuck at 1024x860 or something
So be able to do 1280x1024 I beleive

breese said:
Are there files I can upload someplace that may help with development?
Read the freebsd-current@ mailing list.

Network setting thru desktop: had to edit rc.conf for name change to take effect
Most of these tools are written for Linux, which works differently. A lot of those tools simply do not understand FreeBSD. Just remove or ignore them.

Monitor and ati video seems to be stuck at 1024x860 or something
So be able to do 1280x1024 I beleive
That depends on the exact model of the card. I gather the latest ATI cards aren't fully supported. This has only partially to do with FreeBSD, it's mostly an Xorg issue.

I got one of those a 2650. How do you plan on working around the fact that the system has such slow ram, pc-2100 I believe?

SirDice said:
That depends on the exact model of the card. I gather the latest ATI cards aren't fully supported. This has only partially to do with FreeBSD, it's mostly an Xorg issue.

The Poweredge 2850 has a Radeon 7000 built in; servers often have older chipsets. Should work fine in console mode, probably at 800x600. In the extemely rare case there's a reason to run X on it, the radeon driver from x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati will do it.

Back