New 'Most Liked/Thanked' Search

Hi,

the FreeBSD Forums already have the 'New Posts' search that will show all new posts since last visit (or since last time 'Mark Forums Read' button was used) - feel free to let me know which one.

What I would like to propose is the new search - also since last visit (or since last time 'Mark Forums Read' button was used) but a list of posts (not threads) what got most reactions (like Like or Thanks or ...).

This way one can find most valuable posts that can have some really valuable information.

To be honest there are so many threads and replies that I lack time to follow all/most of them - so it would be REALLY handy to have such search option.

Thanks,
vermaden

What I've learned about the reward answer system is it's not entirely accurate, because:
_ not everyone "votes" every time an appreciated answer for various reason 1: need to be logged in 2:has to be a reflex.
_ the most "liked" answer is not necessary related to the subject.
_ an answer with zero "like" can help you a lot while not satisfying most of other readers.

Summarize a multiple pages discussion to the most rewarded answers can lead to a total deconstructed confusing result.
Now I am talking about things that I don't know but technically is it doable? Forum posts are different than Reddit, I really doubt about the visual rendering, but I am not qualify enough so I let you guys answer that part.

PS:
The following has nothing to do with this thread.
I enjoy reading your blog vermaden, a Freebsd desktop user sharing a lot of tips, too rare to not be highly valuable and recommended.
Thank you, your work is appreciated.

Thanks mate.

The 'reward system' is not perfect - but I would love to see that feature in work - and then judge it.

Sometimes some post - that was off topic for some thread - provides useful information from other field - and that is probably why it got likes/thanks in the first place.

I am just looking for some way to show 'most interesting' posts does not matter the thread.

Regards.

Back