Solved New Member! I made a mistake with make var: CPU_TYPE=typo and blocked make

Hello Community!
I made an account to interact with you, I am a semi-new user; 'young' enough to not be able to reset the variables you put after make install like this: (DISABLE_VULNERABILITES=YES).

I put a wrong value and I cannot build unless i clear it. Where do I look? The handbook does not inform us of everything. make.conf or something?
Thanks!

How did you set them in the first place? If you just used them on the command line like make SOMEVAR=foo .... then you don't need to do anything, just remove it from the command line.

With regular environment variables you can use unsetenv(1) for C shells and unset(1) for Bourne shells.

Hello Sir!
I added
Code:
CPU_TYPE=AMD64
exactly after
Code:
# make install
, removed it but it was too late. The build is saying Uknown Target CPU Type"AMD64" everytime i run the make...

Code:
make[5]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/py-sip/work-py27/sip-4.19.8/sipgen
--- extracts.o ---
error: unknown target CPU 'AMD64'
*** [extracts.o] Error code 1

I would urge you to use packages instead. Especially as a new user.

Noted. And thanks for your quick reply!

But I already go so far without pkg...
xorg, scfb, fluxbox, everything... where can I make the system forget what I entered? maybe somebody needs to read in the future.
I have been lurking freebsd for 2 years, and I only made an account a few minutes ago. Surely this may help others if you agree to tell me your secrets :)

got this:
Code:
make clean
only in the broken port,
resumed the main...

Thanks! You helped me discover!

Dr Dice, I even restarted, it was still holding info!
so I did: cd /usr/ports/devel/py-sip/work-py27/
# make clean
(this was a dependency)

and navigated back to what i was doing,(print/hplip) and the make install.... success!
so bug? that it holds vars after reboot? interesting but i am happy now! :)
Thanks for replying so fast! i pressed thanks and i feel fuzzy inside

I even restarted, it was still holding info!
Then you had to have added it to a file somewhere.
that it holds vars after reboot?
That's not possible. They're stored in memory and will be gone after a reboot, heck, they're gone as soon as you log off.

So you probably added it to /etc/make.conf, or in any of the shell's profile scripts.

Back