Networking Randomly Stops(i think its a problem to dhcp renewal)

i think its a problem to dhcp renewal
What makes you think this is the issue? Are you still associated with the wireless network but lose your IP address after a while? Any firewall running that might block the DHCP requests/renewals?

Yes I connect for a while then if I for example tried to install xorg it just freezes and if I exit and try to ping it does not work.

I really wan't to use FreeBSD but I am starting to loose hope. If its my hardware I have to try something else. Sorry if sound like a complete noob.

Yes I connect for a while then if I for example tried to install xorg it just freezes and if I exit and try to ping it does not work.
Right. So it's also possible you're simply losing the connection to the access point. If the wireless network isn't associated any more you won't be able to get DHCP either (or any other kind of TCP/IP traffic). If you unplug the cable on a wired network then you won't have TCP/IP any more either. It's the same thing, except the ethernet cable has been replaced with a wireless signal. No signal, no TCP/IP.

If/When you lose connection, what does ifconfig of the interface show? And speaking of interfaces, what wireless card do you have and which driver are you using for it?

I really wan't to use FreeBSD but I am starting to loose hope. If its my hardware I have to try something else. Sorry if sound like a complete noob.

Give us some more sauce, what hardware you're running on, what's that wifi adapter, dmesg output,
ifconfig output.

I can't show you the output because I don't have a de of wm I am in slackware right now with is my rescue os.

Back