Network Wireless Adapter not Working QCA9377

Hello everyone, how are you? I've recently been trying to install FreeBSD on my computer and I've been having trouble with the wifi network adapter, Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377. I've been reading about the ath driver, ath(4), and checking the loaded drivers, ath is being loaded, but it doesn't appear when I type ifconfig -a. Looking at the system logs, I have this: pcib2 <network> at device 0.0 (no driver attached). Is there a solution or should I use a VM? Asus vivobook 15 x512fa.

but it doesn't appear when I type ifconfig -a.
It's not supposed to. Look at sysctl net.wlan.devices

ath(4) does not support QCA9377.
You can build if_ath10k.ko by make in /usr/src/sys/modules/ath10k.
And there is firmware in net/wifi-firmware-ath10k-kmod, but I don't think it works yet.

Edit:There is net/wifibox-alpine's flavor wifibox-alpine-ath10k but I don't know about this.
I followed the steps and loaded the modules if_ath10k and athk_common. At startup, I receive the message:
ath10k0: <ath10k_pci> mem 0xb1000000-0xb11fffff at device 0.0 on pci1
ath10k0: pci irq msi oper_irq_mode 2 irq_mode 0 reset_mode 0
Trying to mount root from zfs:zroot/ROOT/default []...
ath10k0: successfully loaded firmware image 'ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-6.bin'
ath10k0: qca9377 hw1.1 target 0x05020001 chip_id 0x003821ff sub 11ad:0836
ath10k0: kconfig debug 1 debugfs 0 tracing 0 dfs 0 testmode 0
ath10k0: firmware ver WLAN.TF.2.1-00021-QCARMSWP-1 api 6 features wowlan,ignore-otp crc32 42e41877
ath10k0: failed to download calibration data from nvmem-cell 'pre-calibration': -6
ath10k0: successfully loaded firmware image 'ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/board.bin'
ath10k0: board_file api 1 bmi_id N/A crc32 544289f7
ath10k0: htt-ver 3.56 wmi-op 4 htt-op 3 cal otp max-sta 32 raw 0 hwcrypto 1

I think, its not working

I had the same problem with exactly the same QCA9377 wifi chip on an ACER Aspire A315-22, but after installing and configuring wifibox it works perfectly, same as it does in other partitions with Arch Linux, Endeavour OS and Artix sharing the same drive. No issues at all. In my view, it's worth the effort as configuring it is pretty easy.

I had the same problem with exactly the same QCA9377 wifi chip on an ACER Aspire A315-22, but after installing and configuring wifibox it works perfectly, same as it does in other partitions with Arch Linux, Endeavour OS and Artix sharing the same drive. No issues at all. In my view, it's worth the effort as configuring it is pretty easy.
I'm a beginner in the programming world and I have a lot to learn. I thought about the solution of using a USB Wi-Fi adapter to be able to use the system, install packages, and study. Will it work?

I'm a beginner in the programming world and I have a lot to learn. I thought about the solution of using a USB Wi-Fi adapter to be able to use the system, install packages, and study. Will it work?

Maybe, but (as far as I have read, no direct experience) getting a USB Wi-Fi adapter to work at the maximum possible speed can be more complicated than configuring wifibox. Wifibox has the huge advantage that you will get the right speed for your QCA9377, which might not be the case with the USB adapter. It happened to me on another laptop with an Intel wifi chip: the iwlwifi driver worked but it was slower than expected., so I ended up using wifibox. The simple and hassle-free solution for me is wifibox, it might be otherwise in your case.

Back