Solved Network issue when shutting down jail

I'm setting up a jail using VNET with an epair(4) connected to a bridge(4) which has my network card (em0). Second time I shut down the jail I got this:

Code:
em0: link state changed to DOWN
nd6_dad_timer: cancel DAD on epair0b because of ND6_IFF_IFDISABLED.
nd6_dad_timer: cancel DAD on epair0b because of ND6_IFF_IFDISABLED.
em0: link state changed to UP
ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed: 48
Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (120 items).  Lost 12 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (1169 items).  Lost 7 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcp_inpcb) was not empty (90 items).  Lost 9 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcpcb) was not empty (27 items).  Lost 9 pages of memory.
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=1 cleanup required
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=0 cleanup required
epair0a: link state changed to DOWN
epair0b: link state changed to DOWN
em0: link state changed to DOWN
ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed: 48
Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (120 items).  Lost 12 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (1169 items).  Lost 7 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcptw) was not empty (135 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcp_inpcb) was not empty (120 items).  Lost 12 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcpcb) was not empty (36 items).  Lost 12 pages of memory.
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=1 cleanup required
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=0 cleanup required
em0: link state changed to UP

Anyone know what caused this?

One other thing may be relevant. The bridge0 and em0 were both MTU 9000. The epair was 1500 which was dropping the bridge to 1500 when connected and back to 9000 when not.

I was shutting the jail down to restart it so it would use the new config with 9000 everywhere.

First try with the standard MTU of 1500. I'm having some issues at home with anything higher. My switch supports jumbo frames but for some reason, after a while, my server loses connection to the network. So try ruling this out and use the default MTU.

Code:
...because of ND6_IFF_IFDISABLED.

Just an observation... this looks as if you have IPv6 disabled.
Does it still fail if you try without disabling IPv6?

I have no use for IPv6 currently and also would like to disable it.
However, recently I often noticed that if I use options to disable IPv6 things break for reasons I do not really understand. (I guess maybe this is because generic FreeBSD is built to allow IPv6.)
So I ended up with not disabling IPv6 and just block IPv6 traffic using the router/the firewall.

There's no reason to disable IPv6 in the kernel config. It takes up next to no resources when not activated in rc.conf(5) and your system will not allow IPv6 connectivity anywhere outside the system unless you explicitly enable the connectivity.

There's no reason to disable IPv6 in the kernel config. It takes up next to no resources when not activated in rc.conf(5) and your system will not allow IPv6 connectivity anywhere outside the system unless you explicitly enable the connectivity.
I don't have IPV6 disabled in the kernel. I have global IPV6 addresses assigned to everything.

Just an observation... this looks as if you have IPv6 disabled.
Does it still fail if you try without disabling IPv6?
Noticed that my IPV6 address in the jail was marked as tentative. This does indicate that IPV6 has been disabled on that interface. Now to figure out why...

Regardless of IPV6 being disabled or not, the "Lost x pages of memory" is of more concern.

I have got the IPV6 working in the jail. I needed to set ipv6_activate_all_interfaces to yes in the jail because the ipv6 address is being set by jail.conf and not the rc.conf in the jail.

Unfortunately I'm still getting the "Freed UMA keg (xxxxxx) was not empty (120 items). Lost nn pages of memory." messages and the second jail shutdown caused the machine to hang.

Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (120 items). Lost 12 pages of memory. Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (1169 items). Lost 7 pages of memory. Freed UMA keg (tcp_inpcb) was not empty (90 items). Lost 9 pages of memory. Freed UMA keg (tcpcb) was not empty (27 items). Lost 9 pages of memory.

This was a know bug in vimage that was fixed in release 11.0

Back