NanoBSD Build "FileSystem Full" error code

I was rebuilding my Wireless Access Point NanoBSD build and I had to add a package with many dependencies.
An easier way to do it is to use pkg-fetch(8) to download the needed files and their dependencies, and the dependency of dependencies.
For my Access Point I use dns/dnsmasq and it has layers of dependencies. So here is my command:

cd /usr/src/tools/tools/nanobsd/wap-amd64/Pkg

Notice that I have changed my config file to put packages into the build folder.
That way I can build i386 and amd64 packages with each build using its own package sets.

So with this setting I changed in my config to have separate Pkg folders for each config directory:
NANO_PACKAGE_DIR=${NANO_SRC}/${NANO_TOOLS}/${NANO_NAME}/Pkg

Ok now to download the packages:
pkg fetch -o ./ -d pkg dnsmasq
This command downloads package.txz and dnsmasq.txz plus all dependencies to the /usr/src/tools/tools/nanobsd/wap-amd64/Pkg/All directory.
From there you can copy them up from the Pkg/All directory up to the /Pkg directory.

Funny. I literally just executed the custom package installer function listed in the NanoBSD howto to install custom packages. ha ha! I will let you know if I managed to set another fire...

I am attempting to install fusefs-ntfs and load the kernel module in my i386 nano build. It looks like I have downloaded and moved all the dependencies with:

pkg install -F fusefs-ntfs I tried your above command of pkg fetch but I have no idea where the files went to! ha ha

I then move the package and all dependencies from /var/cache/package to /usr/src/tools/tools/nanobsd/packages/ dir

Ultimately, I am looking to format the da0s4 to NTFS and be able to plug it into WIndows. I have already formatted the slice to NTFS. I think what I am missing is loading the fusefs kernel module on boot.

My recommendation is to build the i386 machine with regular FreeBSD then transfer all your work product to your NanoBSD build/overlay structure.
You can even scrape all the packages out of /var/cache/pkg that you use for your build
So install i386 FreeBSD with source tree then configure it for your fuse task and then create your NanoBSD build.

If you use NANO_DATASIZE="" with a positive value it will make the da0s4 slice for you.
Default is NANO_DATASIZE="0" which skips the data partition.

You might have to manually format da0s4 with NTFS in Windows. da0s4 will have UFS on it and Windows will not see it.
So from FreeBD dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/da0s4 and then perhaps format it as msdosfs in FreeBSD and then convert it in Windows, to NTFS.

Back