My story with FreeBSD

Cloud is very superb technoloigy.

Invested almost $4m in DC in Austin (TX) area. In 2,5 years we had our brand new facility and we needed some hardware as well as stable (!) OS to power it. Hey ho, nice HPE ProLiantf DL servers, bought 100 of them; in two weeks delivery was made and work started.

Now, usual dilemma arose - which OS. To be honest each has its own pros & cons.So, after heated discussion and endless testing, we decided to go with config as follows:: our base OS is FreeBSD. From there customers may virtualize other OSes (Unixes, Linuxes and Windowses).

Why we have chosen FreeBSD?

• Stability
  • Ease of use (both admin && user side),
  • Extreme flexibility
  • Near 0 maintanance needed.
We have many (sometimes demanding) workloads, so stability under heavy load is crucial here.

FreeBSD just works.

Well done developers 😊

Keep doing what you do best.

Cloud is very superb technoloigy.

Invested almost $4m in DC in Austin (TX) area. In 2,5 years we had our brand new facility and we needed some hardware as well as stable (!) OS to power it. Hey ho, nice HPE ProLiantf DL servers, bought 100 of them; in two weeks delivery was made and work started.

Now, usual dilemma arose - which OS. To be honest each has its own pros & cons.So, after heated discussion and endless testing, we decided to go with config as follows:: our base OS is FreeBSD. From there customers may virtualize other OSes (Unixes, Linuxes and Windowses).

Why we have chosen FreeBSD?

• Stability
  • Ease of use (both admin && user side),
  • Extreme flexibility
  • Near 0 maintanance needed.
We have many (sometimes demanding) workloads, so stability under heavy load is crucial here.

FreeBSD just works.

Well done developers 😊

Keep doing what you do best.

My brain must not be functioning well today. What is exactly your story? The only thing I was able to learn was that you guys spent 4 million U.S. dollars on a new facility in TX and 100 ProLiant servers which run FreeBSD. I am really curious what those servers are doing. Are you VPS provider? If you are not selling raw servers what virtualization technology do you use? I fail to see why would FreeBSD be any better than Proxmox (KVM), Alpine Linux (Xen), or SmartOS (Solaris Zones+KVM). I am super interested to read actual story not a PR bullshit.

Back