Music player audacious : No audacious-plugins

Things like this are a recurring problem. It's inevitable that, from time to time, a port fails to build for a huge variety of reasons. Right now, MakeMKV is unavailable on 14-CURRENT because, by the time the builders ran for the last time, the project's site was down. Sometimes ports fail because updated compilers have stricter default rules about the code, sometimes some library update broke compatibility, I've even received pkg-fallout mail once because a compiler just crashed for whatever reason, dumping core (and in the next run, it worked fine again, probably some cosmic radiation or whatever)…

The result then is that the package (and all packages dependent on it) will miss from package repositories until the next build is run. Maybe one could think about strategies to somewhat mitigate that problem by keeping older packages as long as dependencies are still satisfied… :-/ not sure, and should probably be discussed somewhere else.

For my private repository, I solve this problem by setting COMMIT_PACKAGES_ON_FAILURE=no in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf, so the repository isn't touched unless the whole build is successful. This isn't an option for official builders – building all ports, there's never a run without any build failures.

I've got audacious-4.1.tar.bz2 @ 586.5kb, audacious-plugins-4.1.tar.bz2 @ 1.8mb and libsidplayfp-2.0.5.tar.gz @ 805.1kb in /usr/ports/distfiles.

Back