Solved Mouse wheel with Firefox sends me back in the tab history

This is a known bug where I found reports back to 2018. There are a couple of twists on my case though:

- I am running Qemu with virt-manager. All the posts I found where on VM's running under VirtualBox.
- Seems like preventing moused from running at boot solved those issues, but I haven't been that lucky. It is doing the same with moused="YES" or "NO" in rc.conf. Also tried to set up it as a PS/2 device, but that changes nothing.
- They report that scrolling up will send you forward in history, and scroll back will do the opposite. In my case wheel down works as intended, and wheel up alternates between history back/history forward.
-Tried going into about:config, as I am only bothered with this bug under Firefox, but changing all the alternate keys+mouse wheel to do nothing or just scroll the page doesn't change anything either.

Any ideas?. Ah, btw, I don't think that matters, but just in case it does something freaky with the mouse, like overrun some X config, I am using CDE.

Thanks.

Hey! That worked! sort off. Yeah, I saw your post, actually, but my cats are more of the keyboard type. The script you wrote didn't work as it couldn't detect the proper ID, but that seems like a reasonalble easy fix.

Actually setting xmodmap manually in the comand prompt works, but for some reason it doesn't properly read the ~.xmodmap config file. Right now I have class, so can't debug that. I'll have a look tonight. Thanks a lot!

Hey! That worked! sort off. Yeah, I saw your post, actually, but my cats are more of the keyboard type. The script you wrote didn't work as it couldn't detect the proper ID, but that seems like a reasonalble easy fix.
Yes, there were some changes in the output of xinput() recently, which broke the script.
I have not yet finished reworking the script and test whether it still works with libinput() having been added to FreeBSD.
Will update when I am finished with that.

What I still need to figure out is what of xmodmap() still works, as I read many reports that other people did things using xmodmap() that no longer work with xinput().

Back