vmware mouse not responding correctly in xwindows

Hi I keep having mouse problems when in xwindows after emulating in VMware. (version: 16.1.0 build-17198959) This is with every window manager there is. I think this is VMware as in VirtualBox there is no problem. Which emulator do you recommend for windows.
thanks
nedry

You would think so but I have had the emulator VirtualBox itself crash taking FreeBSD with it.

I do have one 12.2-RELEASE r366954 under VMware (Fusion 10.1.6 (12989998)) and I don't have problems with the mouse. For comparison my /etc/rc.conf has:
Code:
dbus_enable="YES"
vmware_guest_vmblock_enable="YES"
vmware_guest_vmhgfs_enable="YES"
vmware_guest_vmmemctl_enable="YES"
vmware_guest_vmxnet_enable="YES"
vmware_guestd_enable="YES"

Per recommendation during X installation I have /etc/sysctl.conf
Code:
kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=6

I have tried it with both open-vm-tools installed an not installed. In both situations the mouse wont move properly.
I wasn't sure if you had solved this, but you can try this http://www.unibia.com/unibianet/fre...lipboard-sharing-auto-resize-xorg-and-freebsd
I wrote that script and it always works for me. You should download it first (or run it through cat) to see what it's doing before you run it on the machine in case you are worried about what it might change.

Install below pkgs
pkg install -y open-vm-tools xf86-video-vmware xf86-input-vmmouse

sysrc -f /boot/loader.conf vmci_emable="YES" sysrc -f /etc/rc.conf.d/vmware.conf vmware_guest_vmblock_enable="YES" vmware_guest_vmhgfs_enable="YES" vmware_guest_vmmemctl_enable="YES" vmware_guest_vmxnet_enable="YES" vmware_guestd_enable="YES"

Back