Solved Mouse issue with 12.0R

Just going to throw this out.

I installed 12.0 tonight and a glitch that (at least I), am seeing is the mouse is not moving the cursor, in console or in X. I have a USB mouse attached, it is seen and recognized but does not move. If I do '/etc/rc.d/moused onestop' it stops but the cursor remains on the screen. I've booted back into 11.2-p4 to post this (thank you ZFS, thank you, thank you, thank you), and will go back to 12.0 to continue installing applications since I did a pkg delete on everything in the 12.0 boot environment. /usr/src/UPDATING mentions nothing I saw possibly relating to this and I've used my 11.2 /etc/rc.conf so all the right stuff should be able to run. On a guess I'm thing this is a USB thing and not a moused thing. But I'm laying low for now.

Othewise, nice work FreeBSD team! 12 is really quick.

Replying to my own post.

This has been fixed. I had a copy of ports, via portmaster, that were installed in the 11.2 boot environment. I just went through it and had portmaster reinstall everything that looked like it was X related in the 12.0 environment. It didn't work at first, until I unplugged the USB mouse's sending unit and plugged it back in again, and the cursor was moving. I can't think of why the prior reboots hadn't of forced a 're-sensing' of the attached mouse sending unit.

Back