Mouse cursor themed/not themed mix

Hi all (Newbie here)

I've just managed to install FreeBSD, and I find that the mouse cursor is correctly themed, except when it's over a Window's tittle bar or desktop background, where it seems to be a non themed default set (black, w/white border). I've tried some searches but found nothing.
Any help will be appreciated (I'm not a hacker, but consider me a power user).

I had this experience too and it appeared to be related to whether the program was gtk2 or gtk3. Since the mouse was set to the custom pointer only in gtk3 settings.ini, when I hovered over a program with a gtk2 gui, it would revert to the default mouse. I solved it by making my gtk2 and gtk3 settings match. The easiest way was to use lxappearance which conveniently creates both files. Or they can be made by hand.

Caveates are that I did this on Linux at the time (a year or so ago) and I didn't keep notes on it so I'm just going from memory.

I had this experience too and it appeared to be related to whether the program was gtk2 or gtk3. Since the mouse was set to the custom pointer only in gtk3 settings.ini, when I hovered over a program with a gtk2 gui, it would revert to the default mouse. I solved it by making my gtk2 and gtk3 settings match. The easiest way was to use lxappearance which conveniently creates both files. Or they can be made by hand.

Thank you phalange
I think you did it right, although I can't understaand why it showed that way just by starting kde plasma (the wrong cursor appeared over desktop wallpaper, no gtk app). By running neofetch I've seen a while ago that adwaita was the gtk2/3 active theme.
I fixed it the brute force way, searched the cursors fs tree, and copied breeza-dark contents over KDE_default and adwaita (IIRC) and the problem went away. I'll try to do it right when an update reverts my "dirty hack" :)

Back