Solved Mounting ZFS filesystem (44/53)

It's taking forever to mount and for the system to come online.
Last time it happened, the hard disk was more or less full. I am not sure it is again out of space, Poudrière had now run in days.

I run Poudrière (in a jail) on it and do zfs snapshot & destroy everyday. Chromium took over 44hrs to build and I had to terminate it few days ago. The system is quad-core 2.4GHz 64GB RAM with a 1TB. The 1TB SSD runs out of space by the time Poudrière runs for 2days and there are already snapshots. Daily zpool scrub runs on it too. Should I start worrying and go get a replacement SSD - 2GB I think? I also need set up a zpool mirror.

On the other machine, one of the partitions shows "unavailable" after running
Code:
 zpool status -v
I saw that scrubbing was interrupted in it. And I am now thinking that that is what has gone wrong too on the machine first mentioned. I am hoping that this faulty partition will change to "online" after adding it back to the mirror. By the way, I can login on it again. I have upgraded the packages but no luck. No keyboard input immediately the Slim/Login Manager comes up.

Not the best weekend!!

Kindly advise.

You may want to check the drives themselves with smartctl(8). Perhaps one of the drives is a bit dodgy and causing the entire pool to hang up on it.

Thanks SirDice. I can see this error - unable to create zvol /zdisk/VM-bhyve/centos..snapshot_date_id. - msg just before "mounting ZFS..".

The said zvol is a snapshot for a bhyve vm in the main drive. I will try delete the snapshot as soon as the system comes online.

It was indeed out of space again. I just deleted some snapshots for it to come back online. I'm monitoring it. I need get on the second machine next.

It was indeed out of space again. I just deleted some snapshots for it to come back online. I'm monitoring it. I need get on the second machine next.

Maybe for the next time you should use quotas for the pool

Code:
zfs set quota=xxx pool

Back