mountcritlocal problem with nullfs on zfs in FreeBSD 7.1

I experienced a problem with the mountcritlocal script and nullfs on ZFS (for jails) in FreeBSD 7.1.

If there are nullfs entries in /etc/fstab that mount a ZFS directory (which doesn't exist at that time in the boot process) the system startup stops with the "Mounting /etc/fstab filesystems failed, startup aborted" error.
This only happens with 7.1, in 7.0 it was working.

My current solution:
I replaced the 7.1 mountcritlocal script (v 1.14.2.2.2.1 2008/11/25) with the old 7.0 script (v 1.14.4.1 2008/01/28), afterwards it worked again.

Questions:
Is there a way to stop mountcritlocal from mounting nullfs entries in /etc/fstab? (but still mount them later in the boot process, before jail startup)

Will a changed mountcritlocal get overwritten when I update to a newer FreeBSD version in the future? (I never done a FreeBSD update yet)

my fstab file which causes the error, /pool is a ZFS pool:
Code:
/dev/da0s1b     none    swap    sw      0       0
/dev/da0s1a     /       ufs     rw      1       1
/dev/da0s1d     /tmp    ufs     rw      2       2
/dev/acd0       /cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

#JAILS
# web Jail
/pool/jail/root         /pool/jail/web/base      nullfs ro 0 0
/pool/jail/web/data     /pool/jail/web/base/j    nullfs rw 0 0

noauto doesn't work, because it stops the mounting completely. This causes the jail startup to fail, because the jails doesn't have the filesystem mounted.

I'm looking for a way to mount the nullfs entries in /etc/fstab after ZFS initialization but before the jail startup.

track said:
Questions:
Is there a way to stop mountcritlocal from mounting nullfs entries in /etc/fstab? (but still mount them later in the boot process, before jail startup)
Move them to /etc/fstab.web if the jail is called 'web'. Add jail_web_fstab="YES" to rc.conf. See /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for, even better (since it's per jail).

Back