Solved Most sites have become unsecure after last update (not freebsd.org)

[I just made a pkg upgrade, and it seems fixed.
I see I have now FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE, and I think I had 13.0-RELEASE-p3]
[I have returned to 13.0-RELEASE-p3, with freebsd-update install, and the problem seems to continue to be fixed... I don't understand why]

I just tried to uninstall, then reinstall Firefox. I think the version of Firefox did not changed.
Some others updates were there that I accepted to update.

Version 13 of FreeBSD. I followed Handbook 4.4.2 to follow latest rather than quaterly.

Now, by example, : "[major search engine] uses security technology that is outdated and vulnerable to attack. An attacker could easily reveal information which you thought to be safe. The website administrator will need to fix the server first before you can visit the site."

"Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY"

What have changed?

This seems to also affects major web search sites, the site where Firefox come from, etc.

I have tried to: freebsd-update rollback, reboot, but problem seems to stay unchanged.

With pkg audit, I see a vulnerability about TLS 1.3 [related to curl using a proxy, so not really related], but I cannot copy paste the link from xterm to firefox [I just discovered I can paste with shift-MiddleButton]. Also getting an error when trying to run xfce4-terminal (I think I might have corruption for trying to install some packages with pkg, and compile some from ports).

I just tried to uninstall, then reinstall Firefox. I think the version of Firefox did not changed.
Versions of ports and packages are not tied to the version of FreeBSD. There is only one ports tree and it is used by all supported versions.

With pkg audit,
pkg-audit(8) only reports on known issues with ports/packages. It doesn't report anything regarding the base OS.

I got this too.
My conclusion is something related to 2021Q2 - 2021Q3 transition _most_probably_ I'm not sure.
At least for me got this after 'pkg update' but then upgrading Just Firefox (What is a wrong thing to do anyway)
Also fixed for me after 'pkg upgrade'

Back