More user details

Hi,
I think it would be nice if we could enter more details about us here: http://forums.freebsd.org/profile.php?do=editprofile
like in the "instant messaging" section I don't see the possibility to add my Jabber account, this is my primary instant messaging service...twitter is also a good candidate.
Of course this is not something critical that we need, just nice to have. :)

Yeah I could see that coming in handy. Not that I use jabber - one of those protocols that I've been meaning to try out, and just haven't gotten around to yet.

Why normalizing user data at all? One text field aka profile, and any user is free to add her introduce, contact or whaterver.

...2 cents

Unfortunately vBulletin doesn't have a built-in support for jabber. It can be added by a plugin, however we do not really want to add more plugins to the forum.

vBulletin on the other hand supports additional user profile fields and as such, I have added Jabber ID field there. It can be edited in your User CP, under Edit your details menu, at the bottom of Additional informaiton. Later, it can be viewed in the user profile in the About me section.

danger@ said:
Unfortunately vBulletin doesn't have a built-in support for jabber. It can be added by a plugin, however we do not really want to add more plugins to the forum.

vBulletin on the other hand supports additional user profile fields and as such, I have added Jabber ID field there. It can be edited in your User CP, under Edit your details menu, at the bottom of Additional informaiton. Later, it can be viewed in the user profile in the About me section.

Ah, so I wasn't blind when I couldn't find a field for Jabber in the AdminCP. :)

Back