Modern jobs part2

Well,finaly changed my job
Contract for 2 years with a one of the big banks here
But,nothing is perfect..
With 43 years old and a lot experiencie
I'am the new guy who cant tell or use
The experiencie I have..only shut up and wait

The ironic,is thay one guy..red hat certified "expert" ...tell me "FreeBSD come from Linux right?"

The word FreeBSD get the response "ahh..yes" nothing more
When I come in,I want to make a presentation of what I know..and the fact that Iam using bsd the last 7 years in any kind of project..and work(in some areas) much better that linux

BUT..I have to shup up
Is like the other thread I make..
I can show them that FreeBSD is much better than linux,with facts in production enviroments that I have
But..no
Reminds me mac users..closed to mac,iphone,just because
Not want to listen any other arguments
(And real arguments,not ideologicals)

Well, with any luck, you'll prove your worth, and perhaps have the chance to implement a few FreeBSD solutions.
It seems most IT jobs are Linux these days, so, having had a friend who was out of work for months before he found something, I will just say be glad you have work, and do your best to make it something you like.

Well, with any luck, you'll prove your worth, and perhaps have the chance to implement a few FreeBSD solutions.
It seems most IT jobs are Linux these days, so, having had a friend who was out of work for months before he found something, I will just say be glad you have work, and do your best to make it something you like.
I expect that,with the time make some improvements
Yes..only linux..all the IT jobs..

Forget..I been Ops manager for 15 years
All in my hands..network..servers..firewalls..virtualization..all
So,I get the "big picture" of anything
Make only one task with something not so.."eficient" is hard to me
But hey...is no my problem
More health for me :)

I learned to try and not to stress over work and the things which you cannot change, just forget em. Of course, make the proposals for FreeBSD but if the upper management or coworkers dont listen then it's their loss :)

My dream would be to setup a company where only FreeBSD is used for the main servers. Workstations can be Linux, but definitely no Windows!

I learned to try and not to stress over work and the things which you cannot change, just forget em. Of course, make the proposals for FreeBSD but if the upper management or coworkers dont listen then it's their loss :)

My dream would be to setup a company where only FreeBSD is used for the main servers. Workstations can be Linux, but definitely no Windows!
yes and yes...if they want to use square wheels...well..no problem

Code:

I have one work in a place like this, a callcenter, all the users stations was suse linux,and the servers...red hat I think..

My dream would be to setup a company where only FreeBSD is used for the main servers.
That would have been my company. Strictly FreeBSD but, because we were a web dev company in the entertainment industry, we also had Macs for our graphic artist and Windows to test our web sites. Just one of each. Other than that, all the devs and our servers were FreeBSD throughout.

Back