Mobile phone router

What's the difference with other "sources of Internet"? The same way: you'll need a router with NAT, it could be either one of your computers or a stand-alone one.

To start with I would like to set up my mobile phone to allow access using USB tethering which I have not tried previously...

I have only just discovered 'Developer option' which has a 'Select USB Configuration' option and one of the available options is 'RNDIS (USB Ethernet), which I set. My undertanding is that if I connect a USB cable and manage to switch on USB tethering I should get a ue0 interface when running ifconfig....

After some experimenting this actually occurs and after running dhclient ue0 I do get an IP address assigned but not sure where this comes from, but I can't ping 8.8.8.8, so am not sure if I can actually do what I'm hoping to do...

The official Android ROM images honor the mobile operators' rules. In most cases they do not allow you to "distribute" the Internet unless you have such a "service".
Are you able to create a "hot spot" connection in your phone and connect another device to the Internet via such WiFi connection?

Back