Solved missing 3D cube in desktop switching animation after update in 2022 year

updated the system in January 2022 and the 3d cube disappeared from the desktop switching animation. tell me how to get it back???
OS FreeBSD 13.0.
until 2022 everything worked perfectly.
later I reinstalled the system from scratch, thinking that I myself made a mistake somewhere in the first place, but the cube really is no more ...
Help me please.

Attachments

• 3d.png
    3d.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 162
Afaict the intent is to rewrite it and the cover/flip-switch effects on a modern-foundation (QtQuick); These were written for KDE4 and the foundation has not really been updated since. See this link for one of the original authors explaining the rationale for their removal and their plans going forward.

(In-short: they "should" be back at somepoint.)

I like to have this on my Linux system so I’m deliberately sticking to an old version of KDE.
But... isn’t it a “cuboid”?!

That's nice.

I'd still like to regain the BeOS-like window title bar capability that was lost in 2018 (I switched from TrueOS to FreeBSD-CURRENT):

View attachment 13196

Not for the cosmetics; I miss the functionality.

I asked whether it was possible for title bars to behave similarly in Plasma Desktop 5. Martin Flöser (martin-graesslin.com) explained the design decision …
I forgot this was a thing! Never used it personally (BeOS or any of it's spin-offs / spiritual-successors like Haiku), but always thought it was such a great idea. And clearly, at least historically, it's won in the web-browser -- where especially on FreeBSD most of my webapps are currently living in a dedicated ta`b. Discord, Element, Spotify,etc. Kinda coming full-circle with electron on most platforms as 'dedicated apps' I guess but still. lol

The way I use KDE Plasma actually seems to emulate this ethos, pretty closely. I have 3 monitors and all but my primary have a dedicated 'taskbar panel'. (See screenshot.) Not nearly as nice as BeOS' implementation, but think it's pretty serviceable.

Screenshot_20220306_101611.png

I like to have this on my Linux system so I’m deliberately sticking to an old version of KDE.
But... isn’t it a “cuboid”?!
If anything it should be Kuboid loool;
But yeah, understandable. I feel like you probably could just manually readd it to a normal release (not sure if they've gutted the depends yet & haven't seen anybody even talk about this -- so maybe it's not "that easy" lol). I just use the 'fade effect' to be honest. But if a modern rewrite had functionality / style like this, I'd probably be more interested personally.

I forgot this was a thing! Never used it personally (BeOS or any of it's spin-offs / spiritual-successors like Haiku), but always thought it was such a great idea. And clearly, at least historically, it's won in the web-browser -- where especially on FreeBSD most of my webapps are currently living in a dedicated ta`b. Discord, Element, Spotify,etc. Kinda coming full-circle with electron on most platforms as 'dedicated apps' I guess but still. lol

The way I use KDE Plasma actually seems to emulate this ethos, pretty closely. I have 3 monitors and all but my primary have a dedicated 'taskbar panel'. (See screenshot.) Not nearly as nice as BeOS' implementation, but think it's pretty serviceable.

View attachment 13233

How do you get these gradient colors in terminal?

Back