minibsd as iso image

i am trying to make a minifreebsd os using the freesbie toolkit 2004 using the script MINIBSD.sh the directories of the operating system are made but when i am trying to make an iso live cd image from the menu it failed could any one knows how could i make a minifreebsd live cd and if i can add a window manager to this live cd ?

Thanks

mhegazy said:
i am trying to make a minifreebsd os using the freesbie toolkit 2004 using the script MINIBSD.sh the directories of the operating system are made but when i am trying to make an iso live cd image from the menu it failed could any one knows how could i make a minifreebsd live cd and if i can add a window manager to this live cd ?

Thanks

How about providing error, logs... something? We can't read your mind :D

some details

i used the script miniBSD.sh this script exists on the package freesbie-0.020040207_1.tar when i searched the internet i found article that speaks about making miniBSD system and it uses this. when i fellow the steps the output was a directory in /usr/local/miniBSD that contains the directories of miniBSD system like bin , div ,boot .... i want to make an iso image from this directory to be a live cd for miniBSD that i can use in VMware when i click on make image and make iso options a message appears that require a FC and i dont need that on a flash card i want it to be iso bootable image that i can use on my vmware .how could i make that ?
could you please guide me to an trusted article or book because i can not find any organized book or article that speaks about how to create customized MiniBSD system . i attached a snapshot of the main selection window .

Thanks and regards
Hegazy

Attachments

• miniBSD.sh.jpg
    miniBSD.sh.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 688
mhegazy, would you be so kind to use puntuation, start lines with a capital letter, and press [enter] from time to time? That would make your posts so much easier to read.

Thank you.

minifreeBSD

i used the recent one but i can not find the miniBSD script on it .

the output of the recent freesbie toolkit was a freeBSD iso image with a size of 900 MB i want a freeBSD system with minimum size that contains only a window manager and firefox .

so i decided to make a miniBSD and install a window manager and firefox on it .

i used the default options for the scripts that exists on the freesbie2 because i can not find a documentation for configuring the scripts.

so i used the old freesbie toolkit (that contains the miniBSD script) but the output of it is a minibsd directory with the OS directories "/usr/local/miniBSD" but the script cannot make an iso image . i want to make an iso bootable image from that miniBSD system .

Thanks and regards
Hegazy

I downloaded the miniBSD iso image from the site and when i loaded it in virtual machine an error appeared :

/load/defaults/loader.conf
can not load kernel !

Could any one know what is that error and how to configure the scripts before using the freesbie toolkit (loader,conf and other scripts)

Thanks and best regards
Hegazy

reply miniBSD

Dear DutchDaemon,

Thanks for replying to my mail , I have a very god UNIX background like (Sun Solaris ,HP-UX ...) .

What i want to make is not related to dealing with the FreeBSD as an operating system , but about making another minimum freeBSD system from a running one i used the freesbie toolkit but i didnot find documentation about it .

The documentation you sent to me is about freeBSD not freesbie toolkit .

Thanks and best regards
Hegazy

I didn't send you anything. You may have been reading my signature, though. Which is always good.

Back