Solved Minecraft Bedrock Edition server on FreeBSD

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum area to post in since this involves the Linux emulation, but I'd like to get the Bedrock edition of the Minecraft server running on FreeBSD. I downloaded the latest version (1.16.1.02) for Linux, and this is what I got:
Code:
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/compat/linux/lib64 ./bedrock_server
./bedrock_server: /compat/linux/lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by ./bedrock_server)
./bedrock_server: /compat/linux/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./bedrock_server)
./bedrock_server: /compat/linux/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found (required by ./bedrock_server)
./bedrock_server: /compat/linux/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.11' not found (required by ./bedrock_server)
./bedrock_server: /compat/linux/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./bedrock_server)
./bedrock_server: /compat/linux/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/home/patrick/mcbedrock/libCrypto.so)
./bedrock_server: /compat/linux/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.1: version `OPENSSL_1_1_1' not found (required by /usr/home/patrick/mcbedrock/libCrypto.so)
I had to specify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH because it otherwise looks in /lib64 for the libraries. But obviously Minecraft doesn't like the version numbers of the libraries it sees. Is there any way to get this to work, or is a VM the only way this will work right now?

Hello,
I also tried to run Bedrock-server on FreeBSD.

I ran it with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./bedrock_server from the bash, withe the following result:
Code:
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/compat/linux/lib64 ./bedrock_server
./bedrock_server: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

it seems in my case that the linuxulator has the wrong libssl version...

Anyone with a idea to fix it?

Regards from Germany
Roland

It's been a while since I really delved into the OpenSSL issue. CentOS 7, as you said, doesn't have a new enough version. I even tried looking an additional repos for CentOS, but I still didn't find a newer version. I don't know if it would be possible to use OpenSUSE packages.

Frankly if there were a simple way to set up a proper build environment for Linux under FreeBSD, I'd just compile the proper OpenSSL version from source and install it into /compat/linux. But that still wouldn't resolve the libstdc++.so.6 issues.

I finally got this working! I'm so happy. Here's how I did it.

Step 1) Follow the directions here https://wiki.freebsd.org/LinuxJails to set up an Ubuntu chroot.
Step 2) Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list inside the new chroot you just created:

Code:
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security main

Step 3) Run "apt update" then "apt upgrade" inside the chroot.
Step 4) Run "apt install libcurl4"
Step 5) Download the Linux version of the Bedrock server from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server/bedrock
Step 6) Unzip to a directory of your choice inside the chroot (You'll need to run "apt install unzip" inside the chroot if you' want to unzip it from within the chroot)
Step 7) run "./bedrock_server", and it just works.

Obviously you may want to do some additional configuration and set up, but that's the basics.

Thanks for the info. Very appreciated. But when I tried to run ./bedrock_server

minecraft@dev:~/minecraft_server$ ./bedrock_server
./bedrock_server: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.1.1: version `OPENSSL_1_1_1' not found (required by ./bedrock_server)

Would you happen to have an idea on how to best resolve this issue?

THanks,
Tamer

Thanks for the info. Very appreciated. But when I tried to run ./bedrock_server

minecraft@dev:~/minecraft_server$ ./bedrock_server
./bedrock_server: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.1.1: version `OPENSSL_1_1_1' not found (required by ./bedrock_server)

Would you happen to have an idea on how to best resolve this issue?

THanks,
Tamer
Did you add the security repo to your apt sources list then update? SSL 1.1.1 should be available after that.

/etc/apt/sources.list

What should be the best solution? I followed your instructions but I got this error. I've been stock on this. I did try to install GLIB_2.29 but it still captures 2.27 after rebooting the server.

root@jmserver:/minecraft# ./bedrock_server
./bedrock_server: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by ./bedrock_server)
./bedrock_server: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.30' not found (required by ./bedrock_server)

Back