Solved midori browser not showing all icons -- how to solve?

meine

Hi,

In Midori 0.5.11 not all icons are showing in the navigation bar. open a new tab, reopen a previously closed tab, add a new bookmark and verified connection in the URL-bare are displayed by a rectangle with a red X in it. This behaviour is the same with big and small icons set in preferences.

I searched for the location of the Midori icons, but can't find it.

How can I get all icons displayed properly in Midori?

FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE #o r321309 amd64
cwm window manager

TIA,

//meine

Last edited:

shepper

Aspiring Daemon

It is partially dependent on the icon theme your are using. Midori is a abandoned webkit broswer that uses gtk2 icons themes. You can specify the icon theme in a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file as described in the arch post
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=174529.

As an aside, webkit-gtk2 browsers have some known security vulnerabilities are no longer recommended for secure web browsing (online banking, etc.).

OP
OP
meine

meine

It is partially dependent on the icon theme your are using. Midori is a abandoned webkit broswer that uses gtk2 icons themes. You can specify the icon theme in a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file as described in the arch post
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=174529.
TNX, this should help resolving my issue!

As an aside, webkit-gtk2 browsers have some known security vulnerabilities are no longer recommended for secure web browsing (online banking, etc.).
Although this is another serious issue. I was looking for a good browser that is less hungry than Firefox and has no issues on (prospected) spying on people. Maye you have some alternatives I can try?

shepper

Aspiring Daemon

www/netsurf is fast and light and renders fairly well. Works great on forums and some major news sites. Netsurf javascript support is rudimentary but that can be a good thing.