Solved Microphone selection in Skype 4.3 on Thinkpad x240

Hello.
I have an issue configuring recording source in skype on thinkpad x240.
My present setup is
Code:
% freebsd-version -ku
11.0-RELEASE-p2
11.0-RELEASE-p3

% cat /dev/sndstat
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Intel Haswell (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play)
pcm1: <Realtek ALC292 (Analog 2.0+HP/2.0)> (play/rec) default
pcm2: <Realtek ALC292 (Internal Analog Mic)> (rec)
No devices installed from userspace.

% sysctl hw.snd.default_unit
hw.snd.default_unit: 1
Laptop speakers works on pcm1 and internal analog microphone is on pcm2 (I can successfully record and play sound in Audacity with this configuration). The issue is that linux Skype has no configurable options to select input/output device and uses only hw.snd.default_unit. Thus with hw.snd.default_unit=1 microphone in Skype is not working and with hw.snd.default_unit=2 there is no audio output from laptop built-in speakers.
Is there any way to get Skype working via pcm1 audio + pcm2 Mic?

P.S.As a workaround I can use external USB device- it works, but I want to be able to use built-in microphone and speakers.

Regards,
Alexander

The same is here in T430. Since Skype uses pulseaudio, I'd think we need to tweak /compat/linux/etc/pulse/client.conf file.
However it may not help, since there is no fully functional pulseaudio server (only /compat/linux/lib/skype_oss_wrapper/libpulse.so.0 library), unless you want to install one (there are some linux-*pulseaudio* packages available).

There is a good fruitful discussion in this thread, however, it's not clear how to apply those results to the ThinkPad case, since there are not many pins with IN capability here.

I've managed to make the internal microphone working when hw.snd.default_unit=0 after reading this thread.
I've added a couple of lines to /boot/device.hints:
Code:
hint.hdac.0.cad0.nid18.config="as=3 seq=0 device=mic"
hint.hdac.0.cad0.nid24.config="as=3 seq=15 device=mic"
Of course, this is for T430, to adjust it for another model you'll need to start with dumping your audio device pins configuration:
Code:
# sysctl dev.hdac.0.pindump=1
# dmesg

The following config works on Thinkpad x240:
/boot/device.hints
Code:
hint.hdaa.1.nid18.config="as=2 seq=0 device=Mic"
hint.hdaa.1.nid26.config="as=2 seq=15 device=Mic"

Back