Solved Microphone extremely low

Hello ! I've installed FreeBSD 13.0 and I have a problem: my microphone volume is extremely low (putting it at maximum possible in mixer and pavucontrol can help a bit, but I still need to put my microphone almost in my mouth for my friends to hear me). This microphone is on my headphones and works well with GNU/Linux systems and I've tried it once on android (so it's not a hardware problem). I've tried various things such as installing jack, pulseeffects, messing with OSS (maybe doing wrong things, first time I use it). I also tried with pipewire with pulseaudio compatibility. Still a barely hearable volume. I'm not sure what logs I can provide.

PS: my microphone and headphones (there is 2 jacks even if it's on the same device) are both plugged in on an USB sound card.

PS-2: I installed my FreeBSD manually, following this guide: Thread installing-freebsd-manually-no-installer.63201 because the FreeBSD installer didn't work on my computer. Then I installed XMonad (my window manager of choice, for people that may not know what it is), pulseaudio, firefox and various things.

Do you run programs that explicitly require PulseAudio? If not, my first advice would be to get rid of it and see how things behave.

Is the headphones volume too low as well or does it affect the microphone only?

my microphone and headphones (there is 2 jacks even if it's on the same device) are both plugged in on an USB sound card
This makes me think you may be setting the input volume of the wrong device (your internal sound card instead of the external one).
mixer run without arguments will control the default sound device, but it can control the other ones too.
List available mixers with ls /dev/mixer* and open them with for example mixer -f /dev/mixer1

Back