message about deprecated ports

Hi, I'use 12.1-RELEASE-p5 , most of the software is installed from pkg
but sometimes I'build from ports (mousepad for example,for use only GTK2 and disable GTK3 in the build options)

the warning firts come from pkg in medit (medit-editor)

Code:
This port is deprecated; you may wish to reconsider installing it

dont worry about it...but the second came from emulators/virtualbox-ose-nox11

and then I'am worry about..

the virtualbox port will be removed? like the other that display that warning?

the virtualbox port will be removed? like the other that display that warning?
A DEPRECATED marked port will not necessarily be removed. Besides DEPRECATED the port in question has also a EXPIRATION DATE set. Until then it can be upgraded, if it's not, then it will be removed.

Are you sure? There is no such indication in the Makefile , nor is it for virtualbox-ose, as it is for medit.
Can you post the exact message?
Yes

screenshot.jpg

A DEPRECATED marked port will not necessarily be removed. Besides DEPRECATED the port in question has also a EXPIRATION DATE set. Until then it can be upgraded, if it's not, then it will be removed.

Thanks for the explication, virtualbox is important, so I'think will we updated

btw, I'see diferences in versions between pkg and ports for example gmake,so now I'take care of that tip of "dont mix ports and pkg"

emulators/virtualbox-ose-nox11 Makefile ( MASTERDIR= ${.CURDIR}/../virtualbox-ose )

From Makefile virtualbox-ose:

Code:
115 OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=       PYTHON
144 USES+=          python:2.7

emulators/virtualbox-ose has as configure option PYTHON. You have apparently checked that option. The DEPRECATED messages belongs to lang/python27.

btw, I'see diferences in versions between pkg and ports for example gmake,so now I'take care of that tip of "dont mix ports and pkg"
You can perfectly mix ports and packages, important is to track the right ports tree, latests package repository -> head ports tree ( fetch/update with portsnap(8) ), quarterly pkg repo -> quarterly ports tree ( fetch/update with svnlite(1) ).

emulators/virtualbox-ose-nox11 Makefile ( MASTERDIR= ${.CURDIR}/../virtualbox-ose )

From Makefile virtualbox-ose:

Code:
115 OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=       PYTHON
144 USES+=          python:2.7

emulators/virtualbox-ose has as configure option PYTHON. You have apparently checked that option. The DEPRECATED messages belongs to lang/python27.

you have right, the port came with the option, but is unchequed by default, anyway, I'never build it with python support
this is my setup:

screen2.jpg

My mistake, lang/python27 is a build dependency, run make build-depends-list in the ports directory.

everything point to yes:

Code:
root@JShome:/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-nox11 # make build-depends-list
/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
/usr/ports/devel/kBuild
/usr/ports/devel/yasm
/usr/ports/textproc/libxslt
/usr/ports/archivers/gtar
/usr/ports/converters/libiconv
/usr/ports/devel/pkgconf
/usr/ports/lang/python27
/usr/ports/graphics/png