mediatomb and mkv (h264) transcoding

hello, i just installed mediatomb on my box and so far it's working well for a lot of stuff but i'm having trouble getting mkv transcoding working. All my mkv files are h264 videos and i'd like to be able to play them on the ps3. I followed some guides i found online but i keep getting "data is corrupted" error on the ps3. I was able to do transcoding before on linux with a different program but i haven't been able to get it working on freebsd yet. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.

edit:

ok, i've got transcoding working with this script:
Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/bash

FFMPEG_PATH="/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg"
INPUT="$1"
OUTPUT="$2"
VIDEO_CODEC="mpeg2video"
VIDEO_BITRATE="4096k"
VIDEO_FRAMERATE="25"
AUDIO_CODEC="mp2"
AUDIO_BITRATE="192k"
AUDIO_SAMPLERATE="48000"
AUDIO_CHANNELS="2"
FORMAT="dvd"

exec "${FFMPEG_PATH}" -i "${INPUT}" -vcodec ${VIDEO_CODEC} -b ${VIDEO_BITRATE} \
-r ${VIDEO_FRAMERATE} -acodec ${AUDIO_CODEC} -ab ${AUDIO_BITRATE} -ar ${AUDIO_SAMPLERATE} \
-ac ${AUDIO_CHANNELS} -f ${FORMAT} - > "${OUTPUT}" 2>/dev/null

but i have anopther problem now, maybe someone else can help:
i can't pause, fast forward or rewind.

unability to rewind/forward/pause is an known issue when transcoding.
Did you tried to change your config for matroska? Something like that
Code:
<map from="mkv" to="video/x-mkv"/>
note that you may have to try to link to several other mime types depending on your hardware (for example some people having trouble with avi did had success by mapping them to mpeg on some hardware).

i used the 9 MB mini.iso for ubuntu. It's basically the net install disk.

The only reason i went with linux is VDPAU support. I can get perfect 1080p video with an ion platform, which is GREAT for power consumption and noise. Those little boards will do 1080p cooled with a REALLY small quiet fan, and some people have even cooled them passively....personally i didn't like it running at 60 degrees but it's supposed to be safe.

I got multiple motherboards because i needed one htpc per tv. They are tiny motherboards. the media itself is on a FreeBSD 7.2 box, using ZFS.

3 raidz vdevs of 4 1 tb drives...it's nice

Back