Solved Me thoughts that FreeBSD supported ntfs (RO) what up?

Yeah it's handy being able to mount ntfs file systems in FreeBSD. My desktop can boot either Win or FreeBSD and there's a disk in it that's mainly for storing Windows stuff. Every now and then I mount the ntfs volume in FreeBSD to move something to or from the Windows side.

Though I would not normally auto-mount that ntfs volume in FreeBSD or use it for any heavy work since the implementation is reverse engineered. In any case it's never caused any problems for me. They don't seem to make changes to ntfs much and the ntfs-3g implementation seems pretty solid. I think they're kind of locked in since any major changes could break stuff on older instances.

Yeah it's handy being able to mount ntfs file systems in FreeBSD. My desktop can boot either Win or FreeBSD and there's a disk in it that's mainly for storing Windows stuff. Every now and then I mount the ntfs volume in FreeBSD to move something to or from the Windows side.

Though I would not normally auto-mount that ntfs volume in FreeBSD or use it for any heavy work since the implementation is reverse engineered. In any case it's never caused any problems for me. They don't seem to make changes to ntfs much and the ntfs-3g implementation seems pretty solid. I think they're kind of locked in since any major changes could break stuff on older instances.
the ntfs I did for music and Iphone, with extra space I figured I'd just toss images for backgrounds and whatnots on it too. on board I put that in fstab. I just set up auto mount usb ports cuz yeah why not... I stear mostly to ext4 as I use(d) Linux as a main OS , and since I install *BSD.. I kind of want to use that one for main OS but finding it lacking in a lot of what Linux can do and has available to it to be used .

Back