Mate-session

When logging out of Mate, I am confronted with a window stating at.spi.registryd.desktop not responding. After clicking the logout anyway twice and waiting for about a minute or two the logout is carried out and the main screen states that the mate-session shutdown was not found. Thus, I searched in the mate tools window and opened the system monitor thread and found the at-spi2-registryd file running. I killed the file and carried out a typical logout of the mate-session and found that the logout to be immediate such as before I reinstalled BSD 12.1 and rebuilt the desktop. I use packages mainly to build the desktop ports and before I install mate I install gnome3. So, here is my question, how do I remove an embedded file such as at-spi2-registryd in the /usr/local/libexec directory? Even as root I am not able to remove it (permission issue). Any thoughts will be appreciated.

You may need to use chflags(1), but instead of removing the file, you may just want to:

chmod a-x /usr/local/libexec/at-spi-bus-launcher /usr/local/libexec/at-spi2-registryd

This issue will be fixed in MATE 1.24.

Thanks! I'll follow your advice and carry it out and get back to you.
Yes your advice worked. But, I am now in the process of replacing one of the hard drives in the Raid 10 array and will install a complete in and current 12.1. Again thanks for your time and support in the matter.

You may need to use chflags(1), but instead of removing the file, you may just want to:

chmod a-x /usr/local/libexec/at-spi-bus-launcher /usr/local/libexec/at-spi2-registryd

This issue will be fixed in MATE 1.24.
Again Thanks for your advice. The drive is replaced and all is reloaded and is working as it should. I think when I can afford to, I'll replace mechanical hard drives with ssd cards, but right now I'll just have to make due with what I have.

Back