Mark as solved

Occasionally people request that a thread they started be either closed or marked as solved. The short answer to that is: "If you can edit your own posts you have to do this yourself. If you can't (yet), ask a moderator to do it for you." Maybe I overlooked something, but as far as I can tell this is not currently mentioned in the rules and guidelines (read: the sticky threads in General). Perhaps an addition is in order?

Fonz

How does a Junior Member (who can't edit their own posts) ask a moderator to mark their thread solved?
I only see a Report Post button for contacting them, and it clearly states it's not to be used for anything except certain problems (none of which are marking a thread solved).

ChrisStone said:
How does a Junior Member (who can't edit their own posts) ask a moderator to mark their thread solved?
Send a PM to a moderator/administrator who happens to be online at the time.

P.S. One needs (if I remember correctly) at least ten posts and at least ten days of membership in order to be allowed to edit one's own posts. However, a junior member is anyone who has less than 100 posts, so just being a junior member isn't really relevant.

Back