March 2024 Advocacy Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anne Dickison

Growth.jpg

If someone were to ask me what word would describe the FreeBSD Foundation in 2024, my first response would be change. There are a lot of changes going on at the Foundation, both in its structure and strategy. But the reality is, the right word isn’t change — It’s growth. The FreeBSD Foundation is moving into its next phase. The functional teams are growing, leadership is expanding, and there is a new level of direction. It’s all very exciting, especially in the realm of advocacy and community.

In January, Kim McMahon joined the Foundation as Senior Director of Advocacy and Community. Kim brings with her decades of experience in open source marketing and growing healthy and productive communities. We also brought on two new technical writers to help increase the frequency and depth of the FreeBSD-related content we produce. Drew and I are also in new roles, with Drew moving further into the realm of social and community. I’m focusing on communications strategies, dusting off my operations skills, and leading up our events efforts.

Over the upcoming months, in addition to more data-driven content, you can expect to see new community initiatives, increased media engagement, and a push for greater visibility among companies using FreeBSD. Of course these efforts are only possible thanks to our generous community of supporters. If you are able, please consider donating to the Foundation this year.

While change can be scary, it’s also a time to learn and grow. The last few months have certainly been a wild ride, and I’m so excited to see what the future holds for Advocacy and Communications at the Foundation.

— Contributed by Anne Dickison

The post March 2024 Advocacy Update first appeared on FreeBSD Foundation.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back